Wednesday, August 1, 2012

To Blog Every Day in August...

I'm calling it BEDIA. 


This is an inherited idea. A friend of mine, Brandon, did this in May. He got the idea from a friend of his. 


When I read that Brandon was going to blog every day in May, I thought it was a fun idea. It seemed like a lot of work, but that it might come with many rewards. My only concern was the content. I didn't want to have days where I was blogging just to keep with the goal. I wanted to make sure I had something to say.


So I started writing down blog ideas. I was super-busy at work and with life, so I wasn't dedicating much time to blogging. It just wasn't a priority. So every time I had an idea I thought worth pursuing in a blog I would write it down.


Now I'm ready. I have ideas for each day. I've even written out a calendar of what I'll write. I'm not going to keep myself chained to those ideas; if I have a better idea one day, I'll pursue that. However, this way I have something to say every day.


It won't be boring. At least I hope it won't be.


As for why I want to do this, well, I need to develop better writing habits. Blogging every day will help me warm up for the writing I want to do. It will help me relax into the writing process. Most importantly, it will help me come up with ideas for stories and essays and poems. Writing helps me get ideas for more writing. I don't know if it's the same for other writers, but I would imagine that it is.


So there you go. I'm going to blog every day this month. I'm looking forward to it and I hope I write something you enjoy reading. If it goes well, I may make this a regular feature. Not every month, but maybe every quarter? Or twice a year, that's do-able.







No comments: