Tuesday, August 21, 2012

BEDIA #19: Les Miserables

I haven't managed to read the book. Yet. It's been on my "To-Read" list for years. Though, to be honest, I prefer Victor Hugo's poetry to what I've read of his prose. 

I went and saw a production of the musical based on Hugo's most famous work. It was produced by the Utah Shakespeare Festival. 

While the Festival has a pretty high success rate for the productions I've seen, I have to admit that I was rather disappointed with their version of "Les Mis." 

It had a couple high moments, usually whenever the actress playing Eponine was singing. Unfortunately, she didn't sing nearly enough to save the entire production in my eyes.

On the plus side, my disappointment tonight has made me that much more excited for the movie coming out in December.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

I, too, am very much anticipating the December film release. I desperately wanted to see the Festival's production, and since I can't, your post made me feel a little better. Who knew Anne Hathaway could sing?

Les Miserables said...

Les miserables. the musical that swept the world. in concert. . . yes :-) in dvd. oh happy me!