Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Songs I Relate To...

...but probably shouldn't.

"Mister Cellophane" from Chicago. Especially as sung by Joel Grey, because, well, he's amazing. Mainly for the line, "You can look right through me, walk right by me, and never know I'm there." I feel like the invisible man sometimes. It used to be something I worked at. I projected this aura of "don't notice me." Not anymore. Now the only times I don't want to be noticed is when I go into a store. "Can I help you find anything?" No! Leave me alone! If I need your help, I will ask for it. I know it's what these poor associates are supposed to ask, but is it really necessary? And if you're going to pester me about helping me, as least try to sound sincere.

"Maybe This Time." Not sure what musical it's from. I have a version sung by Kristin Chenoweth and Lea Michele from the TV show "Glee." I relate to this one because of the line, "Everybody loves a winner so nobody loved me." Yes, I realize that this is an over-generalization. But this comes back to the feeling of not being good enough to be loved.

Before you get all worried about my mental state, I don't feel like this all the time. In fact, just to avoid all the worried contacts I almost left this one off the list. And I would have, if not for my personal honesty policy.

"Everyone Else Has Had More Sex Than Me" by TISM. Again, not exactly true, but the song is hilarious. And almost true.

"Fools Like Me" by Lisa Loeb. The line I relate to is, "Love was surely made for fools like me." I'm such a hopeless romantic it's almost pathetic. Most days, all I want is to just fall madly in love with someone. Or at least feel attracted enough to someone that I ask them out. Oh well.

Anyway, there you go. Not much to it, mainly because I need to go shower now.



No comments: