Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fascinations...

"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be slain." G.K. Chesterton, as quoted in the prescript to Coraline by Neil Gaiman.

I love that quote. When I first read it, it resonated with me in an almost audible fashion. That is part of the reason why I love reading fantasy novels so much; you know that the hero will find a way to win. It's part of what makes reading books so safe and wonderful.

I'm doing well today. I've got three days off in a row. I got my federal and Arizona state returns already. I'm getting my car fixed tomorrow. Going to a book exchange today. Good things are happening.

I feel like my life might actually be moving in some sort of direction, rather than hanging around in a hold pattern.

I have some decisions to make and things to prepare for, but I feel like I can do it now.

And that's a good feeling to have. You know?

1 comment:

The Robinsons said...

Good luck with your decisions!