Monday, March 21, 2011

Just Started...

...The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck.

The first chapter completely blew my mind. I never thought that the description of an Oklahoma dust storm would so thoroughly captivate me.

I can't wait to read the rest of the book.

On the subject of reading, I don't think I'll be able to get through my entire collection before I move and get married. There's just too much to read. So, what I plan to do is read the books I own that I haven't read. I think there's about twenty. In English anyway. Very do-able. Then I'll re-read more books. At some point I'll get through my foreign language books, too.

And, of course, I keep buying new books. It's like a disease, or an addiction. And I don't want to be cured. Or rehabilitated.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You might want to take a look at "Let Us Now Praise Famous Men," by James Agee and Walker Evans.

jgirl said...

I have the reading "disease" myself, I seek no cure. ;0)