Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Job...


Yes, you read that right. I have a new job.

I'm working for the Guitar Center call center in Draper. How's that for repetitious?

Anyway, I'm in the middle of training this week, trying to learn the system and how to get orders into the computer. I'm picking it up fairly quick, but I'm a little doubtful as to how good a fit the company is with me personally.

Training is this week. That's it. Then we get one week with guided live calls, and then we're on our own. They don't train us on products, or what accessories go with a complete DJ system, or anything like that.

And as for the trainer himself, if you aren't female or a professional musician, it seems like you are rather second class and not as worthy of attention.

So, I don't know. I'm trying to keep an open mind and give the job a fair chance, but it just doesn't feel very right.

I guess we'll see, right?


1 comment:

julie said...

Congrats on the job! I hope it works out better than it seems to right now. If nothing else, at least it's a job - you can always keep looking for that "perfect fit". Also, good luck finding a place near your job! :)