Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's Time...



This may be my last post for a while. My computer is apparently on its last legs, and I honestly don't know how much longer it will last. I'm hoping it's just a temporary thing, but who knows.

Anyway, I'm sure this post is going to ruffle some feathers, but I wanted to express my opinion on a current political issue.

Yeah, it is kind of weird. Me, paying attention to politics? Honestly, I don't know how current this is, it may be a little old, but oh well.

It concerns same-sex marriage, and the current push to legalize those unions. I don't see how we can tell someone that their long-standing relationship has no legal standing, simply because they share a gender.

Does this mean I embrace homosexuality as a concept? No. I wish that it didn't exist, but it does. I feel sorry for those who struggle with it in their lives. I can't imagine it's a comfortable feeling to try and be yourself when the majority of the nation feels you are a violation of natural law.

But for those who have found someone they want to spend the rest of their lives with, why shouldn't they be legally recognized as a couple?

I honestly feel that there is a difference between what it morally right and what is fair for everyone.

And that's how I feel. Take it how you will.


No comments: