Sunday, November 18, 2007

Adam Has a New Hobby.....

....like he really needed another one, right?

I mean, I already have so many things I like to do that when I have the time to actually do something, all my time is taken up in deciding what I want to do.

But now, now I have found something I enjoy, that is fairly easy to do, looks like the images it was based on, and that I could possibly sell and make a little money, if I decided to do so.

What is it? Making pictures with Perler Beads. My particular focus is using sprites, or character images, from old Nintendo and Super Nintendo games. I take each pixel as a separate bead and try to match, as closely as I can, the image I'm using as a pattern. After I get the bead set up on the peg-board, I use an iron to melt the beads and fuse them together. It's quite fun, and the only danger is if I'm not careful using the iron.

Anyway, here's a picture of my first two projects, with a quarter thrown in to show the scale. By the way, the majority of the beads in the sprite on the right glow in the dark. It makes sense if you happen to know who that character is.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: