Thursday, June 24, 2010

Determination...

Maybe it's a part of my periodic depressions or possibly due to my lack of aggressive tendencies, but I have never felt particularly driven to accomplish things that I would like to accomplish. I tend more to let things happen as they may, trying to make the best out of any situation. I don't try to change to situation to my advantage.

Well, that attitude it changing.

Today, for the first time in a long time, I felt the urge to make things work out the way I want them to. I have goals I want to accomplish, things I want to do. It's an odd feeling for me.

Maybe it's the result of having made some good changes in my life. I've managed to adjust some attitudes, tendencies and habits that I have. It's a nice feeling. And for once I'm recognizing the good things that I am doing. It's so easy for me to focus on the negative; to focus on the bad habits I have that feel like a prison.

I'm actually working on a list of goals. I think I can actually accomplish them. I still have a healthy sense of reality; I'm not making goals that are impossible to accomplish. I actually want to type up these goals and put the list where I can see it. As I imagine these goals, I'm visualizing how I'm going to reach them.

Sorry, I'm not going to share the particulars with everybody. It's a list that makes me feel good, but I'm just not read to share it with anybody.

A guy has to have some secrets, you know.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

There are positives to depression, assuming it's not clinical and debilitating. For some, it provides a path for thought from a different direction and often that path allows for a more creative or imaginative solution or resolution of an issue.

I admire you for setting goals. I'm sure I ever have, as I live on sort of a "deadline" life anyway.

Good luck with those you set and I hope you accomplish them all.

julie said...

That's great, Adam! Goals are great things and can really help you motivate yourself. I love that you're visualizing how you'll accomplish them - that's an important step I sometimes forget. Also important, writing them down, so woohoo for you!!! You rock! :)

Good luck with all of your goals - I know you'll accomplish every one of them!