Thursday, January 17, 2008

You've Got the Touch! You've Got the Power!

If you get the movie reference from the title of the post, you are either a) just cool like that, b) a true child of the 80s, or c) way cooler than I ever gave you credit for.

I made a substantial purchase this week. Possibly one of the coolest items I have ever purchased.

I bought (drumroll, please) the iPod touch. This little tech gizmo is even cooler than I had ever dreamed possible. It's easy to navigate, the touch screen is amazing, and even the little keyboard that shows up on screen is surprisingly accurate, even with my thick fingers. I love it! I haven't managed to utilize it to its full potential yet, but I'll get there.

On a completely different, yet related note. I think I want to get internet access again at home. I can survive without it, but I feel rather disconnected from the world. Plus, my little sister wants me to buy an Xbox 360 and get Guitar Hero 3 so we can play together online. And that would be fun. This is the first time my mother has been approving of my buying a new game system. Mainly because it would allow me to chat with my sister more often.

Anyway, I just wanted to give a quick update. Life is good!

1 comment:

julie said...

I'm so happy that life is good for you! Being totally tech-illiterate, I'm sure I don't fully appreciate the coolness of the iPod touch, but I'm glad you're pleased with it. :) I have never played Guitar Hero, but I've heard it's a lot of fun. I know people who have it, so maybe I'll play it someday. Maybe.