Friday, July 13, 2007

So, where?

I think I shocked my mother the other day. I told her that I was thinking of moving from Mesa, AZ. I just moved here in March. A good part of the reason for moving is because I find the summer here absolutely unbearable. I would much rather deal with a cold winter than a hot summer.

But, of course, that's only part of the reason.

Another part is the fact that my good friend, possibly my best friend, Julie, is considering a move to the Portland area of Oregon. I like Oregon, and I thought, hey, that sounds like a cool place to live, plus the universities in that neighborhood have great Spanish-type Masters programs.

But the main reason for moving in that direction is the fact that at this point in my life, I really, really don't want to live that far away from her. In fact, if, all of a sudden she decided to go somewhere else, I would find myself changing my mind about where I want to live pretty quickly.

It almost scares me, really, but I find it kind of hard to imagine living anywhere she isn't. It's killing me to be here in Arizona right now while she is where she's at. Almost physically painful.

And yes, she'll probably want to hurt me for not telling her this personally. But oh well, I hope she enjoys reading this.

Oh, and Mom? Don't get too excited. There's still a long way to go.

No comments: